Monday, April 28, 2008

Lists

As some of you may know I am a list maker. I love to make a list, cross things off and feel accomplished in the day. Since I ran the half marathon I have to admit I have done very close to nothing for over a week. It did take me a few days to recover from being sick but even today, 9 days later, I still find great pleasure in laying on my couch reading a book and watching a movie (at the same time of course...have to multitask). In addition I didn't get too much done off my list the few weeks prior to the run because all I could do was concentrate on the run. So, here it is, weeks of doing nothing and now I have no motivation. Where has it gone? I'm usually not like this. My desk is overrun with...who knows what, my floor is a mess which I have no desire to clean and I desperately need my mom here to catch up my ironing. (She does every time she comes and visits..I love it!) Last night I started making a list of things I really needed to get done this week. It almost filled an entire page! I usually throw in a couple good ones like...make dinner, bath kids... you know the kind you KNOW you will cross off. Perhaps those will be the only ones I cross off in the near future. If anyone happens to come across an abundance of motivation please send it home, I miss it greatly!

No comments: