Sunday, April 13, 2008

Breath, Eat, Sleep - RUNNING

Yesterday I had an 11 mile run to do. The previous week I ran 9 so thought this wouldn't be too bad. I don't know if I have ever felt that drained after anything (maybe giving birth to Eliza would be a close 2nd). But I did it!!! I was only supposed to do 10 but I really needed the mental knowledge that I could do 11, then what's two more miles? I was so dehydrated by the time I got home I couldn't drink enough. On the race there are water stations and for good reasons! I'll use those! After about 7 miles I was really wanting some water, but was nowhere close to home. I did pass an older gentleman out for a walk and he was caring a water bottle. The thought actually came to mind that I could run past him, grab it, have a drink and then run it back to him. What was wrong with me? Food didn't really taste good until a little later, which then I ate a ton. I even was up during the night eating...which I NEVER do! I was up just thinking about running. It might have to do with the fact that I either have really bad allergies or a nasty cold too. I couldn't breath by the time I went to bed last night. Hopefully that will be under control by next week! No days off now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My friend who runs marathons would go out the night before and secretly place water bottles along her run route so that she would have water along the way. Keep in mind that you may need to also a bathroom along your run if you do that. She would run past a park that had port-a-john. Good luck!--Sara