Thursday, February 28, 2008

Quilting





One of my favorite things to do is sit in front of my sewing machine and do applique quilts. I started this little hobby about 2 years ago and have really enjoyed finding new things to quilt. Here are some pictures of things I have finished. The picture on the left is a calender I made. The right is not applique but pieced fish bowls. Too bad you can't see all the cute fish fabric. Right now I am working on an ABC quilt for... no reason really. I have some other great things ready to start soon. I get to make my friend a really great quilt for her cabin. All the blocks are very "woodsy" and fun. I am really looking forward to that one. I did find myself with two sleeping children the other day, sat in front of the machine and tuned the radio to classical! I remember going to the basement to see my mom and her being totally engrossed in her sewing listening to classical music. I am turning into her...and that isn't a bad thing!!

1 comment:

Janna Bell said...

Okay. So I think all of us turn into our moms at some point. I notice that a lot of the things I say to Laynee are things that my mom used to say to me. There are definitely worse things in the world. Plus..your mom is awesome, so I really wouldn't worry about it. Great quilts too. Are you sure you don't want to move here so you can teach me how to quilt?--Janna