Friday, February 15, 2008

Baking


Do you know what this little machine is? Yup, its my way cute BOSCH. Don't you love the color? So, I went against all Hill tradition and decided this was a better machine than my Kitchen Aid. This little baby can pump out 6 loaves of whole wheat bread at one time. This cuts my baking time in half every month. Now I only have to make bread once a month! I love it. I also use it for many other things simply because I love to bake. This machine makes my happy just looking at it.
Let me tell you about the loss of my Kitchen Aid. I was given my Kitchen Aid around my 20th birthday, so that would make it a good 10 years old. I didn't really start using it until I was out on my own and married 5 years ago. This last Christmas I was busy gearing up for the holidays. I had the whole month planned out. I was making 5 different kinds of fudge - FULL batches. I also was making Christmas cookies, which are essentially really delicious sugar cookies. I decided to make some bread first and get it out of the way. As that bread spun around the motor slowed....slowed...slowed....then stopped. Poor little thing. I was desperate though. I had the butter on the table ready to make some cookies. So I put in the softened butter with sugar in hopes that it was just the volume of bread it couldn't handle. Nope, not so. It couldn't even handle the soft butter. So I had to put it out of its misery and put it in my garage. My dad has now taken it home and perhaps he can fix it. Just one more thing for him to work on. It has been replaced with this little red hot number that will be used and used and used! Bring on the cooking!!!!

1 comment:

Jen Barnes said...

WAHOOO!!! I know you were dying without one of these! I'm so glad you got one. It is a cute one. Someday I will get a bosch or kitchen aide...someday :)