Wednesday, February 6, 2008

My Underwear are on FIRE!

I saw a quote a long time ago that went something like this..."I stopped exercising because it was bad for my health, my legs rubbed together so much my underwear caught on fire" I almost had that experience this last weenend, and sadly still feeling the effects today. For those of you who may not know I am running a half marathon in about 2 months with 2 friends and my brother. This requires me running quite a bit. I am usually at the gym doing this while the girls have some sort of supervision but on Saturdays I am excited to run outside! Since it is usually quite warm here and I can run in shorts, but for a few monts I use my favorite pair of pants. These running pants have been great! I've had them since college, used them on my mission and now here. Running pants do wear thin though and mine had definitely seen better days. After my run on Saturday I had to bid farewell to my favorite pants. Since I really only wear running pants a few months I'm not willing to reinvest the money into something nice thankfully I am left with a pair speedo pants to cover my sorrow. I think my legs will feel much better but the public may complain!

2 comments:

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

Where is the picture to go with this post? I want to see your underwear on fire. :)

Shawna said...

I didn’t know you joined the blogging world…Welcome!
Did you have a ceremonial burning of the old beloved pants, on the sacred BBQ grill perhaps?