Friday, February 1, 2008

Cats vs. Dogs

In my opinion most people can be divided into two categories...likes dogs or likes cats. For most of my childhood I had a great cat. I loved that furball. I thought she was quite an easy pet to have around. She did her duty outside, would sleep most of the day and wait by the refigerator when she was hungry. I'm sure more actually went into her well being than I know...thanks to mom. Scott...he grew up with a dog. A big dog. In our house there is no room for a dog but a cat would fit nicely. We compromised and got a dog that is smaller than a cat. Maggie is our little dog. She is quite a good dog, just stupid. I always think of Garfield shoving Odie off the couch and saying, "down dumb dog" every time I shove her off my lap. Anyway, she is great because she doesn't shed or bark. This morning around 5:30 I heard a weird noise. I was a little confused and worried that Jenna was having a problem. Then I heard it again. Not Jenna... that would be a "meow". Not one of those friendly, come and pet me meows, one of those low gurgling rumbles that only means trouble. I jumped out of bed and looked over the railing to see a tabby cat sitting on my stiars. In my meanest of whispers, trying to keep the girls asleep, I went chasing after the stupid animal. I got half way down the stairs as it ran out the doggie door. Guess where my dog was! Sitting on my lazy boy watching the whole thing like it was a show being put on just for her. Dumb dog. Seeing as how she doesn't bark and the cat was bigger than her I can't blame her but still...a totally useless animal! We still love Maggie though... I have actually become a dog liker.

2 comments:

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

Congrats on getting the counter thing to work and show up. I think it is fun to watch the number grow. I am amazed that mine is now over 1000!

Jen Barnes said...

okay that would freak me out to see a strangers cat inside my house! That is so funny that Maggie just sat there and did nothing.