Thursday, February 14, 2008

Gift Giving

The other day Scott came home with this bag and an apologetic look. He came in and told me he had been wanting one of "these" for a long time and finally decided it was time to get one. Well, hip hip hurray, we now own a shower radio. I started to wonder for how long he has wanted one of these great things. I really could have used a little help at Christmas time! Here is the problem, and the reason why girls are easier to shop for than boys. Near Christmas our conversations go something like this..."what do you want for Christmas?" Me: "I could really use some shoes, kitchen stuff, always something from JoAnns...a pedicure...blah blah blah...." Take your pick I just gave 10 great ideas! "What do you want for Christmas?" Male: "Huh, is that coming up?" Truly that is the end of the conversation. On top of it there is daily conversation. "What did you do today?" Me: "I wanted to make some rolls but was missing this cool gadget, so decided to scapbook instead but was missing the right color paper and stencils, so I decided to sew but am missing the right color thread and I think I need a new cutting mat...." Each day men are given tons of gift ideas. They just have to sift through them a couple times a year and pull out their favorite.

So the real problem lies with the female to not only come up with an idea of something her husband may want (really who would have guessed a shower radio?) and then to drag "X" number of kids to and from stores to search for just the right gift. Needless to say the Valentine gift was not much of a gift. I'm still trying to recover from shopping with the kids during the holidays!

No comments: