Sunday, June 8, 2008

THANK YOU GRANDMA!!!


Eliza has quite the business going. Whenever grandkids send things to my mom she sends them back a note and a dollar. The note is by far the more important to Eliza but she is learning that the money is pretty handy too. I had told my friend Kaleen all about Eliza and her note from Grandma. One day while at her house Kaleen was asking Eliza if she got a note from her Grandma and what was in it. Finally she clued into the money. Eliza was drawing a picture at the time, ripped it from the notebook, handed it to Kaleen and said "where's my money?" Hmmm, we're at that really uncomfortable stage where I never know what is going to come out of her mouth. The other day we were at the grocery store and the lady in the line next to us had quite a few tattoos. "Mom, she's got colors all over her!" Only worse was during swimming and I'm changing her after and she points out to me "Look mom, she has a white bum!" Yup, there was only one other lady in the room and a bunch of little girls... UGH. Ooops, back to the money thing... So, now my mom gets cut up paper, drawings and stickers in the mail. Eliza even tried to mail her money the other day. Grandma gave Eliza a big present the other day though. She sent her a lot more than a dollar. Eliza was thrilled to go and get some crafts for the summer. She had so much fun picking all the things she wanted to spend her money on. Thanks Grandma!

2 comments:

Toones in a Bucket said...

Evia misses Eliza so much! "And I love her," she says.

Keep posting.

Shawna said...

That's a very cute idea and it looks like Eliza is going to have a lot of FUN!