Friday, June 20, 2008

Ahhh, Summertime

This summer I had a few things I wanted to do. While Scott is in school I really couldn't do too much because I didn't have any extra help. I have recently enlisted his help with all BUT a signed contract to watch the girls while I have a little fun. I signed up for a cake decorating class and now a sewing class. The sewing class is actually about my sewing machine that I have had for almost two years. Sewing to me is my therapy. Obviously I should sew more often but it is difficult some days. I do enjoy it though. So, for 5 hours a week I indulge myself! I feel quite selfish about the whole thing but I have justified it in my mind so here I go. I decorate my first cake this Monday, I'm sure I'll post a picture.
Another sign that summer is here is the kids screaming as I try to buckle them into their car seats which are 180 degrees! Poor Jenna just burst into tears and Eliza just keeps on telling me over and over "its hot mom, its hot!" UGH!!
And we can't forget the first power bill of the summer. Yesterday my friend was telling me how little hers was and how suprised she was because it wasn't very high. Seeing as how I only check my mail once a week I decided I should check it to see the damage. Obviously we are doing something wrong because it was more than twice hers! I hate the summer power bill more than anything. Perhaps I'll take up a new hobby as therapy just to cope with it. Actually, I'm sure Scott would appreciate it if I'd just stick to one or two things instead of having to buy all new stuff once I want to try something. What a good husband for always encouraging and doing his part in watching the kids. I am truly blessed!

No comments: