Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Foust Farm-the BIRD story

Sunday, after attending church with Grandma and Grandpa, we headed over to the farm. One little chore that couldn't wait another day was to put the newly hatched pheasants out in a bigger incubator. With all this help, I have no idea how Kath kept track of how many there were...she tried to count them.

My, oh my, the girls were happy...I was a bit scared Jenna was going to squish one to death but she was quite good at simply holding the little thing. They are soooooo cute and soft its hard to resist!
The problem is, they have to be really warm so had to go back home...Aunt Kathryn was the meanie who told Jenna...
I'm such a good mom...I just sat there and snapped pictures of this sad little face.
Okay, okay, Aunt Kathryn is a softie and said she could hold it for a minute longer...oh, the joy!!!



But no, really this one needs to warm up...the time had come....

Ya...I'm such a good mom...can you tell I'm trying to console her and comfort her...(click, click, click)
Aunt Kathryn let her have a different bird...we could rotate them all night and let her be happy.
At this point let me tell you the story of Eliza's little bird...she had one to start with as well. She also had to give it up for a newer, warmer bird. As she got her new bird her sweet cousin Bridger said "watch out, its going to poop on you." Unfortunately, the bird had just had a drink and had water on its mouth. Eliza freaked, thinking it had peed on her and dropped it on the ground. Before anyone could react their dog, Diesel, snatched it up. It was so fast and sad. He carried it around for quite some time before coming over and dropping it and then eating it. We had to relive the horrible scene all over again. Poor Eliza kept saying "Bridger made me do it!" So sad.
Here is the true farmer. Everett Foust is my brother in laws dad. He has been here on the farm forever. He is in his 80's and spends as much time out working in the sun as anyone else. It is really what he loves! He is the sweetest most kind man. I just love being around him.

No comments: