Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Assymetry and flat bread

You may be wondering how these two things are related... they aren't too much. Except they happened to fall on the same day (pun intended). While my mother was here for Christmas she taught me how to Crochet. I have really enjoyed making this afghan. I haven't made one before so choosing how much yarn and how big to make it were a bit hard for me. Thankfully mom helped figure all that out. I asked Scott how big to make it (not the right person to ask). He thinks it should be big enough for the family to fit under. Well, I had good intentions. I kept on measuring him and trying to figure out where the middle should be so I could repeat my pattern back to the other side. Finally he thought it would be a good length. About half way to the end I realized with that much added yard it would be way to heavy to even lift off the floor. So I stopped. I can't even tell you how hard it was for me to stop and to not have a symmetric afghan. I'm trying to think of it as my attempt to be "new age"... or something. I really like it but I like it best being under it when I can't see that the pattern doesn't finish. The original half way is just under Jenna's knees. Don't you think it is big enough? I actually goes a little bit past the top of Jenna's head.
On the same day I finished my afghan I decided to bake bread. I have learned that living in the desert it is best to NOT add all the flour called for in any recipe. I always skimp. So making bread I just add enough so it sticks together and then it does great. I didn't take into consideration the fact that it was raining. I have three of the ugliest loaves of bread to eat. Thankfully it tastes fine, unlike the Weight Watchers wheat bread recipe which I tried and about gagged on...it looked even worse.
Now you have heard the two sad tales of a day. No biggie

5 comments:

mtduckgirl said...

Love the asymetry. Actually I think you should finnish it and then the whole family + visitors could take a nap underneath it!! nice job! And, as long as the bread tastes good who cares what it looks like!!

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

I love the afgan. I looks so cozy. Good job and way to go.

Smart Helm said...

I'm impressed you finished an afgan. You should totally try baby stuff cuz then before you get bored of it your almost done.

Of course, maybe that's just me :-)

Eliza said...

Your afgan looks great and really cozy. And homemade bread always tastes good, no matter what it looks like!

BARRY ARTS said...

NICE SONS THAT BOTH!! WOULD YOU COME TO MY BLOGS http://trtccinternational.blogspot.com
HAD THE NEW LIFE OVERTHERE AND GOOD FOR YOUR READING DWELL WITH YOUR COFFEE NEAR YOUR LAPTOPS.

I HOPE I WILL BRING YOUR GAIN WITH THE HELPED FROM THE REAL TRUTH FAMILLY IN HEAVEN+

THANKS!!
BARRY ARTS