Saturday, February 28, 2009

Life's Little Calculations

A while back Scott asked me if I ever use my math in my household duties...um, no. Not really. I did however calculate the surface area of a poopy diaper at one time. Today I just did a little adding and subtracting. Of all my math operations these are pretty week... how do you major in math and not be able to add and subtract? Calculators! Kind of like not knowing how to spell because of spell check...

So here you go. Scott and I were married 6 years ago, 72 months. Of these lets add up how many I have been pregnant or nursing... Ready? Eliza = 19 months, Miscarriage = 2 months, Jenna = 18 months, Current = 9 months and counting. But on our 6th anniversary this is what you get - 48 months out of 72 months. That is 67% of our married lives!

In our 72 months together, besides childbearing and rearing, we have moved to and from Montana, Scott is 3/4 done with school, is a successful salesman, I have run a half marathon (note: this is an additional 4 months of commitment - what else should I do if I'm not nursing or pregnant?), we have enjoyed many family trips to Montana, Canada and Brian Head. We have made wonderful friends and I am learning to enjoy being in Las Vegas. Life is good and we have been very blessed by so many things.

1 comment:

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

Happy Anniversary, but where are the baby pictures? Come on we need the important stuff here. Especially since I am so sick who knows when I will dare come close to your house again.