Friday, February 6, 2009

A Date Has Been Set

Well.. the good and the bad happened yesterday. I have been up at least every other night for the last two weeks with some serious contractions. (if this is TMI you may want to stop reading now!) This doesn't include the ones during the day that I have to endure while managing two kids. I never had any pre-anything with Eliza and at 41 weeks, 24 hours of strong contractions I had enough and we headed to the hospital. NOTHING! There began the first one. Jenna was totally different and we had her a few weeks early so I never had anything with her. This one is different. Yesterday I had a little check up. NO PROGRESS! Are you serious? I mean at least if I'm in pain let it be worth something. File my nails too closely or let me have a bruise but good grief, nothing? So, me and the good doc set a date. Whether the baby wants it or not he'll be here on the 26th, at the latest! At least I can start the countdown in days instead of "I don't know". Now I have to endure the countdown with Eliza. It's almost like Christmas to her. Three weeks has no bearing to her and after hearing it 200 times a day I wish I wouldn't have told her. My friend suggested a chart to let her fill up with stickers until the baby comes. I think I'll work on that! Perhaps it will keep us both motivated!

2 comments:

Eliza said...

Hooray for an end in sight! I'm excited to meet James.

Shawna said...

Oh I'm sorry nothing else is happening. Like Lana says, It makes no sense of reason!

I'm glad you got to set a date. But I'll still be crossing my fingers for you that there isn't an 11 pounder in there.