Monday, October 6, 2008

Too Soon

I guess I posted too soon yesterday. As I was finishing up writing Eliza was asking if she could make "soup". Sounded like a good idea at the time. We had an hour before we were to be at a friends for dinner, I needed to shower and get ready, Jenna was taking a nap...perfect time to have Eliza occupied making soup. Her version of soup is a bowl of water, flour, sugar, and yesterday she was lucky enough to have Cheerios and Tang in the mix. She just puts things in the bowl, stirs them up and loves it. As I was getting out of the shower I hear Jenna crying, darn it! Pretty short nap, then Eliza walks into the bathroom and says "mom, it just spilled so quick!" Oh No!!! I throw on the closest clothes I can find, grab Jenna and head downstairs to see the disaster. Had I been a little less upset perhaps I would have taken a picture. It looked like orange puke running from my table to the floor...A LOT OF IT! I was so glad I had decided to give her Tang and Cheerios! The Cheerios were mush and the Tang just made it more colorful and twice as sticky! Clean up was not quick and easy due to the amount of sugar we had spread around. Of course it splattered to all far reaches of the kitchen. Even though I did a good job cleaning it up, I'm sure I'll find orange sticky spots as I scrub the ENTIRE kitchen today! Anybody want to come and help? Just kidding... its not biggie! Just part of the world of a 4 year old.

Speaking of my four year old. Just came home from the gym and apparently I have upset her. She locked me and Jenna in the garage. Of course I had taken in my purse and bag, come back for the girls, Eliza jumped out and ran in. It took a few moments of negotiation with Jenna to come with, went to open the door... no budge! Of course my keys are inside! UGH!!

4 comments:

Smart Helm said...

People with children always have the greatest stories. I thought I'd let u know I'm reading ur blog so I wouldn't be "lurking". Apparently that is bad in the blogging world! Good luck with the kitchen!

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

Sounds like fun, sorry I missed it.

Shawna said...

Tang? I didn't even know they still made tang... hopefully it's not like koolaid and stains everything.

Eliza said...

Do you want to send her over so you can bot have a break? Hunter would love to play with her.