Sunday, October 5, 2008

How do you listen to Genereal Conference?

I have almost given up hope of watching conference every October and April. I do still have hope I can hear bits and pieces of it. With both the girls awake it is almost impossible to do either. This morning we got the computer hooked up to the TV and were listening to the opening song. Scott went upstairs to help the girls get dressed quickly. I hear "Jenna drank your fingernail polish remover." Being the concerned mom I am I called back "There wasn't too much in there anyway." More of the concern was how my little one can find things like this. I had just used it yesterday but had it on my counter out of her reach. Only then did I remember I had towels on the counter...she probably pulled the towels off and off came the remover. She didn't even have to unscrew the cap...it broke. After a few moments of pondering what I should do and listening to Scott get frantic (frantic for Scott is like level 2 freak out for me...he is much more calm but it was obvious he was QUITE concerned about the whole thing) I called my brother in law who is a doctor. His advice "Call Poison Control". So with Conference going I get on the phone to poison control. Lucky they said if kids put it in their mouth they don't drink much because it burns so bad. MMMM. Sounds like a good after breakfast drink to me. She's been fine all day so I think we are okay. I have this feeling Jenna will hold a lot of "first" experiences for me, even being the second child. HAPPY CONFERENCING!!!

3 comments:

Toones in a Bucket said...

We have eaten glowsticks here, but never polish remover. That should clean her out right good. Wow.

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

Great, just put poisen control on your speed dial, it will save you time and stress. At least she is so cute and sweet, she is worth all the stress.

mtduckgirl said...

LOL.... LOL.... I'm sorry but that's funny. I love you. Your haircut is just fine by the way!