Friday, September 5, 2008

My sweet Eliza

Yesterday I about died laughing at Eliza. She asked me to come and play with money with her. She loves to get out all the money from our change bowl and pile it up, sort it, stack it, play store with it...whatever... hours of entertainment. This is how she spends a lot of Jenna's nap time. Yesterday she wanted me to play with her. I went out to the stairs and sat down where she had it all set up. I was to put the money in little socks. These socks are too small for even Jenna. As I started to put the money in she showed me how it was supposed to really be done. First we had to put it in a little cup (a toy cup, very small) then use a toy 1/4 teaspoon and balance the money on it to move to the small sock that you had in your other hand. The dimes barely fit on the top of the spoon so it really was a balancing act. I set off to do the bigger coins since they were harder. After a few minutes I ran to the bathroom. I decided to take advantage of not being with the money and snuck back into the computer to check something. She comes walking in and gives me the look and says, "Really, Are you serious?" I think I have only said that to her once or twice. Obviously she really liked it though. Between the insane money playing and the little girl who is growing up too fast I had quite a good laugh.

5 comments:

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

That is too funny. I hope it wasn't my funny waxing story that got you in trouble.

Allison Barnes said...

It's amazing how kids remember everything we say and they aren't afraid to repeat you!

I saw you at the gym today, but by the time I started to walk over to you, you were gone. When do you usually go?? Are you training for another race?

Elizabeth said...

Allison - Nope...no training going on here. I'm just glad to get to the gym. I hope to see you soon!!!

Eliza said...

That gave me a good laugh. :)

Anonymous said...

I love it! Kids are the best.