Monday, August 11, 2008

Let the Trip Begin

The trip is actually over but I didn't take the time while in Montana to write... so here is the long, long story. This is what welcomed us to Missoula the first day. The girls were thrilled to see the deer walk through the yard just a couple feet from where we were inside. Two males just wanted a little bird seed...or apples... we couldn't really tell what they were eating.We did make it through the two hour flight...which is not long thankfully. Jenna was very social and decided to make friends with the guy sitting across the way from us. Unfortunately he ran out of excitement for her much before she did for him. I stressed about what to do for our flight home for about a week before I bought her a ticket. I relaly don't have to buy her a ticket because of her age but what a drag to battle her and try to keep her on my lap! Eliza on the other hand was thrilled with the whole experience and was a total angel. I think I wait to fly by myself with kids until the youngest is 3!



We spent the first couple of days in Missoula with my brother, Ken, and his family. Dad was nice enough to pick us up from the airport and dump us off at our first stop. Jenna loves her cousin Payton! They just hugged and giggled every time they saw each other. They were so fun! This is Boston and Jenna. Boston was so cute with Jenna. He really was like a big brother!

After a few days in town we headed up to the cabin for a week.


This is the view off the front deck of the cabin. Yup, my parents live in heaven. It was so nice and cool. It was great to wake up to greenery and fresh air. Unfortunately I got a cold the second week in Montana, which took its toll on me. Two weeks of congestion, soar throat coughing...UGH! Didn't help things AT ALL!

The following week was our family reunion! 40 some odd of us in one house, 5 kids under 4, three of those under two! 7 families. Lots of food. Lots of water! Made for one busy, fun week. All our family pictures are on my brothers camera... so I'll spare you those for now.



Grandma and Granpa always pull out the cotton candy machine at least once with the grandkids around. Eliza had more candy on her hand than on her stick... YUM! Its not too bad when you are near a lake. You can just go throw all the kids in to DE-stickify.

Scott was able to come and visit for the last weekend of the reunion. Boy were the girls happy to see him!

2 comments:

mtduckgirl said...

How fun!!! I love the photos. I think my favorites are the two where your dad is holding Boston and Jenna, and then Jenna, Eliza and you (I love how Jenna's hair sticks straight up in her pony tail!!). I wish I could have been there to visit with you!! I'm way sorry you got a cold. That stinks big time! Let's see, how many more exclamation points can I use!!!!!!!!!!!! Guess what, I got an amazing ticket to fly home to see my family while they are in ID at the Condos. $175 round trip from Providence to Spokane - no joke!! I'm way stoked.

Eliza said...

What a beautiful place!