Monday, August 11, 2008

At the Farm

The last week in Montana we were able to visit my sister on her farm. The girls LOVED the animals. Eliza learned some new words and their meaning...like dead. My sister raises pheasants and when they are young some days you can find one or two dead in the incubator. Eliza learned they just throw these in the garbage. When she would go outside she would run to the garbage and check for dead birds.

We were also able to go and feed a neighbors baby calfs. Eliza and Jenna both loved that. Jenna thought the bottle was just the right size for her, and yes, she did suck on it. I about threw up!

All in all we had a great trip. The girls had a great time with their cousins and I had a great time with my family. I wish I hadn't been sick... would have made the trip more pleasant and bearable. I'm glad my family puts up with me as I descend upon them for a LONG stay during the summer. Thanks!

4 comments:

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

So much fun. It is always good to get home, and rested and then remember the good times. Love Jenna with the baby bottle. I missed you guys, glad you are back.

Toones in a Bucket said...

Did you ever have the lamb bucket with all the nipples around the entire top? Jenna would love one. You should consider it for a Christmas present.

Eliza said...

Yea, I'm glad you're back. You were gone forever. I love the pictures of the girls and the animals. Jenna and the bottle is super cute!

Shawna said...

Your trip look way fun!