Friday, May 21, 2010

California!

I need to write about our incredible vacation. Scott and I were able to go to Oceanside for 3 days with no kids. Never happened before. We got there late Thursday night. It was so weird to not worry about driving with kids in the car and having to get there before bedtime. It didn't matter! So, I don't have too much to say about it because we really had a weekend full of doing NOTHING! It was fabulous. What a joy to wake up not because of kids. I think that was what I was looking forward to the most. Also worth mentioning is the fact that I didn't cook all weekend! We ate out and went to a farmers market. I think the market was my favorite part! We got fresh fruits and veggies and some yummy bread. We stopped at a grocery store on the way home, picked up some meat and made sandwiches and salad for lunch. I think it was the best sandwich I've ever had. The salad actually had flavor! The carrots still had dirt on them when we picked them up. The strawberries were so good we stopped later and got a whole flat so I could make some jelly. Just incredible.
We did eat out at a very nice fish place. I had to make sure it was nice because I'm not a huge fish fan and if I'm going to eat it I want it to be good. Oh, my, was it ever! I had this macadamia nut crusted halibut. And the BBQ'd artichoke appetizer was perfect too. We wandered around, went shopping, saw two movies, had breakfast at a local diner, sat on the beach (it was too cold for swimming...at least for me), rode bikes around like tourists, ate coldstone ice cream and watched movies in bed. It was a perfect weekend.

I guess even better than the farmers market was that Scott and I never did anything apart. We were within eyesight of each other all weekend. He is so sweet and wonderful and getting to spend some time with him is heaven.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I want to have a weekend like that! That sounds like so much fun!!!!

Unknown said...

Okay--now I'm really missing the vacation to Hawaii that we never took this year!