Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Priceless Moment

I don't even know where to start with this story, because it goes back so far...almost 10 years!

Saturday, March 20, I had a glorious experience. I was able to go and see a sister that I served with while on my mission, Sister Kallon (in yellow). She has a beautiful testimony of the gospel and of the need for humanitarian help around the world. She travels frequently and shares her story to inspire people. Her story has also been published in the New Era

http://lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?hideNav=1&locale=0&sourceId=7d5a35c4ceeae010VgnVCM100000176f620a____&vgnextoid=024644f8f206c010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD

It is much better if you can just read it rather than me retelling it! It was just a fabulous reunion with a friend who has truly changed my life for the good!

I was able to go with my friend Maxine, who also enjoyed the presentation. I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes things like this! After listening to Mariama Kallon you go home and just want to give all you can to help those around you. I wanted to clean out and share, reduce what I had and find ways to serve more. I have so much to work on and don't even know where to start. If you EVER have the chance to hear Mariama it will change your attitude..I promise. She travels around to cities when asked but also is part of Time out For Women and regularly speaks with them. She has a beautiful spirit!

3 comments:

mtduckgirl said...

I'm excited to read her story! I will call you soon! Love you.

Jen Barnes said...

sounds great! I love things like that too.

Smart Helm said...

How exciting to meet a companion from ur mission. I'm jealous.