Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Memorial Weekend

We decided to go camping for Memorial Weekend. We were too late to go to Zion but started to look around at other options. A few months ago I had hooked up with my cousin using Facebook - which is the best way to find people! Well, I decided to ask if we could come and visit over the long weekend. She lives in Pinetop Arizona and I thought it would be an adventure. She was up for the chaos. As the week started out we were watching the weather get worse and worse. Cherilyn called on Thursday to tell me it had dumped rain all day. UGH. Is there anything worse than camping in the rain for 3 days? Scott was determined to go so here we go....












The kids were okay, things were cramped but everybody was in. We survived the Hoover Dam... with delays as usual. The bridge they are building is quite impressive - and frightening. Can you imaging driving that far above the gorge?


Cherilyn, David and their 5 kids went camping with us on Friday night. We spent Saturday hiking around, catching up around the fire and taking rides on the funnest toy ever. Eliza couldn't get enough of it and poor Cherilyn was forced to take her out.

Family is great! You can miss each other for 10 years and meet up and its like time stood still. The girls had fun with their new friends. And guess what - no rain until we were in our tent on Saturday night. Here is the georgeous area we camped in. It was so nice and the weather was perfect.
Emily found another great toy...poor thing was about dead by the time the kids got done with it.
Jenna doesn't look like she was having fun at all! Here's the whole fam! We really did have a blast. The girls were so happy and dirty!


Jenna cuddled up with the rock for quite some time. She'd pet it and talk to it and want me to give it a little love...um, no thanks.
Here's my sweet cousin who put up with our craziness for 3 days!
And what camping trip would be complete without the potty making its way home for the next trip!

Thanks for a great weekend Halls Family! We had a blast!

5 comments:

Eliza said...

Great pictures! I love Jenna with the rock and the dirty face. I'm glad that it didn't rain too much.

Facebook can be fun. I talked with my Uncle the other night and I haven't seen him in years.

I'm glad you all survived, but what's the deal with the potty?

brptsa@yahoo.com said...

Than you so much for coming! It was such a treat to have you here. I actually enjoyed the motorcycle riding, it made me feel young and crazy again! :) We'll have to get together again soon! Glad you made it back ok, hope you didn't get caught in Memorial Day traffic. BTW, I started WW thanks to your influence! I haven't signed up, but am doing it on my own. Let the pounds melt away!!

Liv said...

Lizard, let's do a Missions trip! Get your butt up to Montana!

Elizabeth said...

Liv...I am so ready! I'm buff and ready to hike...hahahahaha. I was just talking to someone about doing a Mission hike... Oh, Scott and the Halls (the family in all these pics!) Woudln't it be fun!

Liv said...

Let's do it!