Tuesday, March 4, 2008

The Art of Getting Ready

I was going to call this "Showering" but then I realized that may be taken wrong. I never realized how nice it was to shower and get ready without being disturbed. I really look forward to Sunday mornings, when Scott is usually around, and can play with the girls while I shower. In general I am a pretty quick showerer. Unfortunately, when that is the case I don't do ALL the essentials. Because I don't do certain things every day there usually comes a time a couple times a week when it HAS to be done. I usually just hope the kids will cooperate while I take an extended shower. Today I enjoyed the "peek-a-boo shower". Jenna is at the perfect age and size to open and close the shower door. As the air from outside my little shower comes rushing in I go from hot to cold, hot to cold. While I try and hurry up the shaving process it only becomes longer due to the pain from shaving off goosebumps. At some point I just gave up and realized the door was going to stay open. I finished and got out. Jenna was more than soaked and the whole shaving process was less than successful. So it is today....which will only make my next shower longer than intended, so the cycle begins again! HAPPY SHOWERING - to those of you without little helpers!

1 comment:

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

I would like to commiserate with you and say that I miss the good old days, but I don't. I love my undisturbed showeres. Thanks for the smile.