Friday, March 20, 2009

The Touch of a Grandma's Hand

I have successfully made it through 6 days without my mom here. I know that sounds lame but really, she was such a huge help. My only regret is that I'm awful about taking pictures of her with my kids! My kids absolutely love her. She is great with them too. She makes sure there are plenty of crafts around to do and fun yarn things to learn with her. While she was here she made an incredible blanket for Jenna. Eliza liked the leftover bits of yarn and wanted to learn to make something. Unfortunately that will be a few more years but she has promise.
I miss the extra set of hands and arms to help. She kept on telling me she didn't feel like she was doing much and all I felt like I was doing was telling her what she should be doing. Baby James, and mom, miss her the most for the 5am wake up. This seems to be James' favorite time to get up and play. Wouldn't be too bad if I hadn't been up a couple hours before that. Several times mom would just get up and bring him downstairs and hold him so I could sleep a bit longer. Mom also did those little tasks that are just annoying after the 1000 time of doing them... like unloading the dishwasher, setting the table, wiping down the table, getting the 200th drink of the day, opening the door for the 2 year old who is stuck in the garage. Hmmm, I really miss her. Thanks for all your help mom!!

1 comment:

Eliza said...

An extra pair of hands is always nice and when its your Mom its even better. They always know just what to do. I'm glad that you had a nice visit.

Can I do anything for you?