Tuesday, July 1, 2008

New Cake


Last night I decorated seconde cake. This one is a little warped because you will notice a few headless clowns. I also had practiced my roses, which are HARD, and had to put them on. So, there is no real consistency to this thing but it was fun and I am learning a lot! By Eliza's birthday I should be able to do something cute and I'll be 20 lbs heavier from eating the yummy cakes I practice on! Boy I do like that icing. This cake was vanilla with a chocolate pudding center. It was quite yummy! I need volunteers to eat my cakes!

6 comments:

mtduckgirl said...

The cake looks great!! Roses are hard! I loved the photos from Brian Head too. How fun. It must have been nice to get away from the heat!

Anonymous said...

I always wanted to become proficient at cake decoratng but i could never justivy the expense or the calories.
You may find his of value. When my mother was studying cake decoraing she mixed up a quart jar of decorato icing then she reused it. She would make over and over or what ever else she was practicing on then scrape it When she emptied the jar she would scrape it all back into the jar and start over. Florence B.

Jen Barnes said...

What the heck! I can't do those roses! Wow. I am so impressed. How fun. Brian head sounds like fun. Glad you guys were able to get away and have some fun as a family!

Toones in a Bucket said...

When's my mini class?

Eliza said...

I totally volunteer to eat cake!

Kaarsten said...

I am on my way to Vegas to eat your cakes -- such a sacrifice. They look divine.

Kaarsten