Wednesday, May 14, 2008

MOM!!!

Sometimes I wish I had a different name...not referring to my legal name. Right now I go through days where this is all I hear-
"Mom, can I help you?"
"Mom, I'm hungry." (of course this is 10 minutes after I finish cleaning from the previous meal)
"Mom, what's for lunch?"
"Mom, can I feed the fish?" (No - we don't have fish, just the imaginary kind that live in our sink from time to time)
"Mom, can I watch this movie?"
"Mom, Jenna is touching me."
"Mom, I'm going to watch this movie."
"Mom, can you fix it?"
"Mom, Look!"
"Mom, the floor is wet."
"Mom, I want my water bottle."
"Mom, where's dad?"
"Mom, where are we going next?"
"Mom, can we go to the park?"
"Mom, can I cook?"
"Mom, can I help you clean?"
"Mom, where's Jenna?"
"Mom, but I want to make soup."
"Mom, can I talk to Abby?"
"Mom, I want to watch my movie."
"Mom, I want a pig one." (referring to our home video from Montana last summer_
"Mom, turn it up."
"Mom, look, there's the pig!"
"Mom, I saw my purple crocs."
"Mom, I'm dancing."
"Mom, can we go swimming?"
"Mom, where's dad?" (I get this a few times during the day)

Most of the questions are repeated a couple different ways, rearranging words here and there and simply trying to get my attention. I usually answer after the first try but on days like today it is not unusual to hear the same question 4-5 times.

EVERY SINGLE sentence has to be prefaced with my name. Most of the time I keep my emotions tamed, but somedays it is too much for me and I just want to run away....actually I just want to yell, or just vent in my blog...probably the best way to not be frustrated.

2 comments:

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

I once got a Christmas card, where the mom said "All I want is a place where nobody knows my name." That is just the way we all feel.

Eliza said...

I feel for you, I'm right in that stage of life too! At least it's not Mom... Can I get my tongue pierced? Or Mom... When can I have a boyfriend?!!!!!!