Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Hawaii Part 2

The second day we hiked the island a bit.  I was not used to the humidity and was sweating like a pig by the end of the hike but it was nice to out and about.




 This is where we had an amazing meal.  I think it used to be a sugar plantation.  Just beautiful!  Best meal we had on the island.

 This is the south shore...Poi Pu.  We ate at the Beachouse Restaurant.  Most beautiful setting... just awesome.


 Poi Pu Beach.  My favorite part was almost being with the turtles.  The one in the pictures was HUGE!  Almost ran into me.  What a beautiful animal.





 We took a kayak trip up the Wialua River.  After two miles of paddling we hiked into a beautiful water fall, swam in the amazing water and came out... well worth the trip!








 The north shore had the BEST beach... ENORMOUS waves.  These crazy surfers were parasailing or something on the waves, FOR HOURS!  They were quite far away but I could see one of them flipping over the top of the waves.  It must be like being pulled behind a motor boat for hours.  Biggest waves I have ever seen!









And of course at the end of the beach trip we had our shaved ice!

5 comments:

Pat said...

Looks like a fabulous time. So glad you got to go. You deserved a break.

Smart Helm said...

Who took all the pictures? Or did you have to take random pictures of other to get urs taken? These are the things I think about... Looks like fun!

Miken Harding said...

So fun! Thou shalt not covet!!! I'm so happy for you. Hawaii is my dream...someday! Hey we are coming to vegas 1st weekend in May you around? Love to see you. Call me.

Elizabeth said...

Miken! We will be in Provo for the marathon...my husband is doing the half! I'm so bummed! my email is eleavitt77@hotmail.com I don't have your number!

Elizabeth said...

HUNT! We are going to be here this weekend! email me!!!